Next, we show the step by step:
Step by Step:
- Run the “Email” application or program.
- Click on “More” and then click on “New”.
- The email server will ask us if we want to configure an “MS Exchange” or “Others” account. Here we will have to mark “Others“.
- This is where we must enter the username, email and password.
- We will indicate if we want to use IMAP4 or POP3. Then click on “Next”.
- You must indicate the port number on the incoming mail server. It is usually 110 for POP3. You can also ask us if we want to use encrypted communication, although we will leave it “off” by default.
- Fill in the outgoing mail server (SMTP) with the server’s name, leaving port number 25. In a secure connection, we will leave it “off” by default.
If you follow these steps, you will most likely be able to connect to the server, and it will do the checks if an error results, the wizard itself will inform us of it.
Possible errors when synchronizing email
Although the steps seem simple, sometimes, something so simple can give us problems since it is very specific data. Among some of the most common errors are:
- Security certificate approval: we must always mark the use of the security certificate. If not, the mail will not work well.
Use the automatic configuration: as we mentioned, you will have to enter the values manually.
- Outgoing server/SMTP: There may be errors in the configuration values of this variable.
Secure and non-secure connection: this occurs when the box for the use of secure SSL protocol is left checked for an email not using such protocol.
Of course, the fact that we set up a company email is beneficial for our business, it gives us a professional image, and we can telecommute. This is why the correct configuration is so important.
Other problems may arise when configuring it. In that case, we recommend that you have a computer maintenance service to secure your company’s equipment. Therefore, do not hesitate to contact wpkraken. We will be happy to help you!
Here we leave our Blog for you to read articles like this!